Sunday 27 June 2021

27/6/21 ^^^The lure of running Bukit Kiara Hill Run



As I said before, this is a long run.  If I'm already running for 21 years, then I should endure for another 21 years.

The good news is 4 years is really a very short run.

Suppose I assume 1 year is 1 km.  Then 4 years is only a 4 km run.

It is just nice for me to physically train for the 21 km Bukit Kiara Hill Run.  It is not just another run.  It is a run of form and function.

I should do a 10 km/hour run.  So I am looking at a 2-hour run.  That will be a strong run.  If I can do it in 2 hours, I don't need to run a marathon ever again.  I just focus on 8, 15, and 21 km runs.  Anything but a marathon.

The training for a 4 hours marathon is too demanding for my knees.  On top of that, I really like 21 km.  I can still run fast and it is quite a distance.

21 km is a sweet distance.  Something I should do at least once a year especially the Bukit Kiara Hill run.  That will be my personal trophy.

I cannot think of a better place to run other than Bukit Kiara.  The undulating surface is really the beauty of the route.  I cannot find anything like that elsewhere.

Bukit Kiara route is really sweet.

It starts with a 1 km climb.  That alone i[t] (is) the lure.  That is riding on Darkness's tail.  If you survive that, the rest of the journey is really very sweet.

The whole route is pretty much like a roller coaster ride.  The loop is 2 km in diameter.  Perfect...  I wish I can do Bukit Kiara more often.

Maybe I do a once-a-week 11 km run.  It is a very demanding route.  If I make it once a week, then I am truly the King of Bukit Kiara.  Normally people will do the 5 km variant (2 loops).

I never heard anybody do 21 km before.

That will be very exciting.  That will be my personal trophy.

I like to envision I do 21 km every quarter.  I can imagine my fitness level if I can achieve that.

Hill run is very satisfying.  Unlike running on a flat surface, a hill run uses all your muscles including your core.

#traxxfm I am counting my blessing Habibi. Here is the deal; if I can run Bukit Kiara 11 km once a week, I don't want anything else. I had done it before. Nothing compares to the feeling. Especially when I sprinted the last slope. A perfect running route.

#traxxfm Of all the names, my schooner is named Atalanta. Atalanta is the Greek goddess of running; she was a swift-footed huntress. She was abandoned in a forest by her father who was disappointed that she wasn't a boy.


Of course, running is not about age but about weight.  If I can drop another 20 kg, I'll be a lean and agile runner.

At 60 kg, I will be the height and size of Bruce Lee:

Man, I am so motivated to run fast and far.

Whatever it takes to run 21 km Bukit Kiara Hill Run.

mm  

No comments:

Post a Comment