Tuesday 15 June 2021

16/6/21 ^^^Power = The Ability to Act

 "What you feel doesn’t matter in the end; it’s what you do that makes you brave.” — Andre Agassi

We talk too much about things we want to do.  Seldom we actually take up the time to do those things we talk about.

As I mentioned to Rex Montis last Monday, being a Spartan Athlete Warrior is about being bias for action.  It's true, talk is cheap.  At most what we get is bragging rights.

To translate that talk into action is a different story.  It requires perseverance and persistence.  An action is a commitment to see things through.

Of course, we need to talk about what we plan to do.  However, I found out that it is more effective to put our thoughts in writing.  Then it becomes a physical manifestation.

Thoughts come and go but something in writing lasts forever especially if it is stored in the cloud.

I write so that I can organize my thoughts and crystalize them for future reference; even if that future is only tomorrow.  We need to reflect on what we write.  When we first write it, the thought is an associated experience.  Later when we review it, the experience is a disassociated one.

I don't care who will read what I write.  Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.  What I did is leaving a breadcrumbs trail for me to retrace should I need to return to the source.

As of now, I am progressing steadily forward.  No need to get stuck on reverse.  Alas, while looking ahead, the writings act as my rearview mirror for future reference.  In general, I look towards the horizon.  It is after all a 21 years voyage.

Damn...  I am still ravenous.  Brb, I need to eat.

mm

No comments:

Post a Comment