Saturday 12 June 2021

13/6/21 ###I eat until I am satiated

#traxxfm Hi Habibi. Sunday is a celebration with you since today is also the day I am taking a break from my exercise routines.

#traxxfm This is still a riddle for me to solve; how to withstand hunger and refrain from eating things laced with sugar?

#traxxfm For a start, I practice Delay, Don't Deny. So I keep my weekend flexible for the time being. Until I find a good alternative to the sweet treats I am having now.

#traxxfm Mood-wise, I feel great with this new philosophy of Sleep Well, Move More, and Eat Right. I got it all set on weekdays. As for the weekends, I am still experimenting.



#traxxfm Basically your gig is my weekend Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) or to be more appropriate, a Timeline Therapy. I wish can see the value in using songs as a form of therapy for mental illness. It really works!


#traxxfm Many people misunderstood mental illness as "gila" or being clinically depressed. As I mentioned in my podcast with during the Mental Health Film Festival, it is about managing the fluctuation of happiness.


#traxxfm You may be thinking... What's wrong with being happy? Well, being happy is closely linked to the secretion of various neurotransmitters especially dopamine. Too little is suicidal thoughts. Too much is psychosis!

#traxxfm Do you know how serious is a mental illness affecting the family? My wife said she would rather I have cancer. That's how bad it is. At least with cancer, she knows how to deal with it, she said. This illness she didn't understand initially.

#traxxfm Therefore I really appreciate what you guys are doing. You just save a life here, you know that? It may not be a big deal to you but from the worm's eye view what you all are doing is really great.

#traxxfm In summary, my top 5 values in terms of priority are: Freedom to act A life full of choices To love and to be loved Peak health state Progressing from strength to strength

#traxxfm In the end, it is about attaining Health and Happiness. That is the endgame. The foundation is a Sound Mind in a Sound Body. If we can achieve that, we are set for life. The question is complex but the answer is so simple.

mm

No comments:

Post a Comment