Saturday 8 May 2021

8/5/21 ^^^Winston Churchill said, "Success is the ability to move from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm."

 I think the worst is over.  I no longer crave carbs.

However, I want to sleep whenever I feel sleepy tonight.  That's because I want to be well-rested this weekend.  No exercise tomorrow morning.  I want to sleep late and wake up late.

I was worried that the depression will stretch for a longer period.  Thank goodness there was a silver lining today.

I think my savior is butter.

--------------------------------------

What a strange illusion my life had been.  While the past 20 years I had to deal with mental distress, the challenge I am facing now is to thrive while I am in isolation.

Not only that, we are entering a phase in our lives where Lizzie and I are no longer in our prime.

Here we are hoping there is no serious calamity ahead of us.  No major illness.  No financial disaster.  No serious issues involving money.

If everything going smoothly, then we can sustain for the next 20 years comfortably.

I don't want anything more.  I had enough of creature comfort.  Now is to thrive for greatness.

In this case, greatness is what I consider my own achievements.

Materialistically I got it.  No complaint at all:

  • House paid for
  • A brand new car
  • Nautica X
  • Money in the bank
  • The Summit
  • Al Araf 7:7
  • WiFi
  • Up to date gadgets
  • Plenty of quality time
  • My 5 km Radius
  • B.L.E.S.S.
  • Good food
  • CCC
  • Nice clothes
  • Exquisite knives collection
  • Superb running shoes
You name it.  I am a very lucky man.  I should be contented with what I have.  However, happiness has a price.  That price is health.  Without health, there is no wealth.  Without health, there is no happiness.

Therefore to pursue health is to pursue happiness.  I need to be a man fully functioning.  In order to do so, I need to run.

Nothing is more significant than being a thin and fast runner.  My passage to happiness is a 21 km Hill Run.  Is that the ultimatum?  Surely any effort towards that is Personal Bliss.

As long as I sleep well, move more, and eat right, I qualify for the rite of passage.

I am what I eat, I am what I think I am.  Therefore I am what I am and what I eat.

Food is the key differentiator.

----------------------------------------------------

As I am looking at the Summit, I realize that I had collected pieces of art as well as evidence of engineering marvels.

Then in the background is the relaxing guitar playing on YouTube, thanks to the WiFi.

Surrounding the CCC is my collection of books.

I got to ask myself, what else do I need to be a successful person?  I got it all, in excess.

I should not ask for more.  I GOT IT ALL.  There is no excuse for me to fail.

I GOT IT ALL.  Now is to pursue 21 km Hill Run.  Let's start by being thin and able to run 5 km straight.

-------------------------------------------------------

My goodness, I got it all.  Whatever I want I can buy.  So money is not my issue.  My issue is exploring my own potential as a human being.

What is my purpose?  Now I know.  I am meant to run.  A runner is a man fully functioning.  When I run I become God to my Universe Within.  I become as George Sheehan dubbed; the poet,  the artist, and the saint all in one.

------------------------------------------------------------

So this is it, a glimpse of heaven.  None other than a sound mind in a sound body.  I[t] (If) that is the case, I just went through hell the past 21 years and now I am at the entrance of heaven.

From here on, to reach the Summit of Xanadu, I got to run 21 km Hill Run Bukit Kiara. 

Why is it 21 km and not 10 km or 42 km?  Well, 21 km is the Sweet Spot of long-distance running FOR ME.

At the same time, I want it to be challenging enough for me to experience hell to go to heaven. 

mm

No comments:

Post a Comment